Charles/Carl Anton SCHEUPLEIN ("Charlie")1876 - 1921
|aka||Charles A. Scheuplein, C. A. Scheuplein, Charles Scheuplein, C. Scheuplein, Carl Anton Scheuplein, Carl A. Scheuplein, C. A. Scheuplein, C. Scheuplein, Carl Scheuplein|
|birth||7 July 1876, Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey, USA|
|death||23 March 1921, Wisembach, FRANCE|
|marriage|| married on 30 January 1904 at Paris:
Marie Louise DUMOULIN
b. 26 Jan 1881, Ribeauvillé (région Vosges) Bas-Rhin, Alsace, GERMANY (now Haute-Rhin, Alsace, FRANCE)
|father|| Anton/Anthony SCHEUPLEIN |
b. 19 May 1848, Bischofsheim, GERMANY
|remark||migrated to USA in 1870 (with/without Wilhelmina Schmidt)|
|mother (1)|| Wilhelmina SCHMIDT |
b. 1848/1849, ......
|marriage||Anton SCHEUPLIN (sic) and Wilhelimina (sic) SCHMIDT got married in early 1874 in Manhattan, New York|
|mother (2)|| Ern(e)stine TEUSCHER |
b. 1863, Königsbach, Baden, Baden Württemberg
|marriage||got married on 25 APR 1886, Manhattan, New York, NY|
No relevant living Scheupleins in 1910 Census since:
- mother Wilhelmina died between Feb 1882 and 1900 (not in Census)
(1) Wilhelm'e SCHMIDT died on 4 Feb 1897 (51y) certificate 3621
(2) Wilh'mina SCHMIDT died on 6 Aug 1898 (48y) certicate 21714
(ANCESTRY: New York City Deaths, 1892-1902)
- Henrietta - if not dead - was no doubt listed under her husband's surname, which is unknown
- Charles went to Europe in 1898
- William went to Europe in late 1903
In June 1900 Charles was still single (1900 CENSUS)
in Dec. 1904 Charles was already married (letter 2/12/1904)
see also letter 2/4/1908: "His wife is feeling very lonesome in Berlin and has become homesick. All her relatives are in Paris ...".
1900 CENSUS (4 June 1900, Manhattan, New York):
Anthony SCHEUPLEIN (52y) (b. May 1848, ......, GERMANY; widower) clerk - hotel
- Henrietta (25y) (b. Sept 1874, NJ)
- Charles (23y) (b. July 1876, NJ) upholsterer
- William (18y) (b. Feb 1882, NY) electrication (sic) = electrician
Charlie Scheuplein left the USA in March 1898.
Joined The Gramophone Company in 1899
Paris Exhibition also described in Gaisberg Diaries (ca. 16 July 1900)
recorder GRAMCO since 1902
n / o / p (matrix numbers unknown since no recording book/ledger)
(F7000/t F7000/u F7000/v)
In 1906 assistant of Fred Gaisberg (in London May - Sept 1906) at Craig-y-Nos (Adelina Patti)
(A Voice in Time, p. 100-101, Scheuplein was now a colleague at City Road.)
ELLIS ISLAND website:
Carl Scheuplein - engineer (28y) married
Departed from Antwerp 28 April 1906
Arrived in New York on 8 May 1906
husband Mrs. Scheuplein, Mooken (Hoboken?) Av. 78, Brooklyn, NY
("husband" erased; "Mrs. Scheuplein" could be Charlie's sister)
At the back it says: "Wife" written through "Anna" (?)
Does 1904/1906 indicate he visited the USA twice or was he absent from the USA from 1904-1906?
IT IS UNCERTAIN IF THIS IS THE SAME CARL SCHEUPLEIN...
address in Paris:
103, Boulevard Magenta, Paris (10ième arrondissement)
Madame Louise Scheuplein, Col de St Dié, Wisembach (Vosges) (letter 11/4/1921)
- FamilySearch INTERNATIONAL GENEALOGICAL INDEX NORTH AMERICA
- Charles A. Scheuplein (1876-1921), deel 1 by Hugo Strötbaum (in: De Weergever 30e jaargang No. 3, 2008, pp. 16-36) (in Dutch). Also alternative Dutch(!) version (part 1 and 2 in one volume) produced by Patrick Magois (published by Les Amis du Col de Ste Marie, Wisembach (ACSM) in ca 1993. Simultaneously Patrick Magois also produced a novel (a roman: in French) around the same Scheuplein theme, entitled "L'enquete impossible".
- Charles A. Scheuplein (1876-1921), deel 2 by Hugo Strötbaum (in: De Weergever 30e jaargang No. 4, 2008, pp. 30-50) (in Dutch). Also alternative Dutch(!) version (part 1 and 2 in one volume) produced by Patrick Magois (published by Les Amis du Col de Ste Marie, Wisembach (ACSM) in ca 1993. Simultaneously Patrick Magois also produced a novel (a roman: in French) around the same Scheuplein theme, entitled "L'enquete impossible".
- Reviews in Record Collector
COMPANIES & LABELS
EMI Music Archives